Forensic evaluators

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Forensic evaluations and other Divorce topics.

Why did the Judge say we have to see a psychiatrist?

Forensic evaluators

A forensic evaluator is either a psychologist, psychiatrist or social worker. They should have a large portion of their practice devoted to the area of forensics.



6/19/2007 6:51:43 PM
Dr. Dean R. Cauley said:

Or they may be a mental health counselor at the doctoral level. Generally the law refers to a "qualified mental health" evaluator, rather than specifying a discipline.

12/11/2007 8:49:20 PM
Dr. Dean Cauley said:

Aside from the professions you listed, custody evalutions can be done by LMFT, Mental Health Counselors. Evaluations can also be done by NBCFE - Mental Health Counselors.

4/17/2009 5:20:29 PM
Dr. Dean Cauley said:

This section left out doctoral level mental health counselors. Social workers are not really qualified to do forensic evaluations at a masters level (MSW)


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Divorce Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Kristle Jones