Mediation may be the answer.

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Alternatives and other Divorce topics.

What can we do if we do not agree but do not want the Court to decide

Mediation may be the answer.

Try to avoid going to court over child custody issues. If you and your ex-spouse can't agree on custody issues, try using a mediator. They are trained professionals and can frequently find creative and equitable solutions. Using a mediator will usually be a lot less painful than a lengthy court proceeding for both you and your children. To find a mediator, look under "Mediator Services" in your yellow pages or ask your divorce lawyer to recommend one.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Divorce Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Byron White