When you are served with a motion for divorce

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Basic questions and other Divorce topics.

Can I just ignore the divorce papers I was given?

When you are served with a motion for divorce

When you are served with a motion for divorce, you must get a lawyer. Do not think that if you do not answer these papers or cooperate that your spouse will not be able to divorce you. In fact, your spouse may be able to not only get a divorce, but everything that they ask for. Once you are served with papers, it becomes a matter between you and the Court. Do NOT call the lawyer that your spouse is using just to get him/her to understand that you do not want a divorce; this person works for your spouse and will not do anything that is in your best interest. Find a lawyer of your own and counterfile.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Divorce Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Joe Wallace