Tell the truth about drugs

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Abuse and other Divorce topics.

How can I get the Court to see that my ex uses drugs.

Tell the truth about drugs

If you have used drugs or are using drugs, tell the truth. Know that if you want child custody or visitation you will have to face your problem. The Court will find out about your substance abuse, so you have a choice to walk away or own up to it. You will need to go into a program and work on your problem. If the Court has to order this they will most likely only grant supervised contact and it will be professionally supervised. If you admit to your problem and enter a program voluntarily, you stand a better chance of unsupervised contact or supervised contact using a family member as the supervisor. You must make a choice: your children, or your addiction.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Divorce Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Candi Wingate