Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Basic questions and other Divorce topics.

My husband´s family claim we owe them money, will I have to pay?


When you file for divorce the division of property will be determined by the laws of your state. If you are in an equitable distribution state, then property that is not in both names will be divided by number of years of the marriage, and what each has contributed. In a community property state it is divided 50 - 50.



9/23/2007 12:46:16 PM
george said:

we have been married for 4 years , both had nothing, i save up 25000 in a 401 and would like to know if she can take this , i pay child support for one child, all cars are in my name and i have just brought a motorcycle, she want s1/2 can she get it...

2/20/2009 7:10:39 AM
connie said:

I was just wondering, we have a house together, but he dont want it, my question is how I handle it as far as uncontested? Do I have to get his name off the mortgage?

5/3/2009 7:27:48 PM
Deb said:

My husband tells me he will not sige the paper work . And i have supported him all but two years of our marrage. I have bough every thing and payed for every car lawn mower and bill we have had . And he has been in drug rehab, and now he goes to a pain clinic. My 18 year old daughter who is in collage , goes and has her own oil change gets her boy friend to help me and her get tires , no help from him . So how can I stop him from getting my home


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Divorce Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jolyn Wells-Moran